1. What’s your favourite type of yarn?
I love luxury yarns, all fat and squidgy to touch, I love the drape and sheen of yarns that have silk added to them… pastel colours are my favourite…
2. What’s your least favourite type of yarn?
3. What’s the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop?
Take a sharp intake of breath……especially if it is full of those wonderful skeins of hand dyed yarns….then I try and look as if I’m not bothered at all to be there, act cool you know but I then start touching the yarns that appeal to me. My heart usually pounds and my brain start wondering just how much money I have got spare to buy even more yarn with!
4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do?
I crochet, I sew, I make Tiffany style stained glass with my partner Barry oh and of course I photograph! I want to spin! I know I can do it, can’t I?
5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to?
Woman and Home (sounds like an old ladies magazine but truly it’s not, more of a lifestyle mag)
6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden
Knitting / Crochet / Home / Garden / Fashion / Other Craft / Food / Celebrity Gossip /
7. What items do you like to knit / crochet?
almost anything really, I do enjoy following charts for any designs, I see them as a challenge but immediately after starting a complicated design I hanker after making something simple so that I can watch the television or read blogs as I produce my masterpiece! I am eager to knit a top down circular yoked something or other…oh and these pretty hand knit flannels are on my mind too
8. Are you allergic to anything?
housework….non organic chocolate
9. What do you like to* smell of?(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of)
I love to smell of the sunshine, it may not be a fashionable thing to do but I really love the smell of my skin after it has been toasted a while at the seaside. Don’t get me wrong, I can’t actually bear to be there for long as the heat gets to me and it inhibits my knitting too ha ha. My favourite smell on me is J’Adore, it doesn’t overpower the nostrils!!
10. What’s your favourite way to relax?
Watching a romantic film with Barry, usually B&W…mind you I’m usually knitting as I can’t just sit there and watch, if I’m lucky I get my feet massaged whilst I knit and watch the film….mmmm
11. You’re stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first?
Old Fashioned Bakery, to sit down and be waited on and feel like a princess for a while
12. What do you come out with?
Some hand made Fondant Fancies (I’ll photograph them before they get eaten!)
13. Where do you go next?
the Italian Cafe for a cappuccino
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal?
I enjoy decaffeinated coffee, fruit teas…I enjoy make-up, I always feel better when I put on my make-up. I just like nice things!! Who doesn’t?
Machine Knitted Hint of A Peplum Cardigan PDF
Machine Knitted Comfy Jumper
Machine Knitted ‘Ali’s Jumper’
Machine Knitted Slouchy Cardigan
Sucky Thumb Mitts Free Pattern
Have a Heart Socks
Crochet Baby Dress
Aspen Leaf Cardigan
- "cat bordhi" "hand maiden" "natural dye studio" "our wedding" ali baby bag bags Barry beads beth studley cardigan cashmere christmas cooking cotton crochet decorating designing Devon dyeing easter etsy family felt felting fiber fibre fibre-east flowers fluff-n-stuff fluffnstuff garden giveaway give away grandchildren handspun hipknits kindle cover knitting life lessons machine knitting maisie mitts moebius moving Mum patchwork photography photos pink quilting ravelry rivendell sewing shop shoulder silk socks socktopus spiderman spinning spinning wheel sullivan Summer Swap tulip cardigan Uncategorized venice weaving wedding weddings wimpole winner yarn