I’ve been using up some fabric from my stash…..
See I’ve used one of my vintage buttons….in fact I’ve used two!
and I’ve also made something funky for someone special….I’ll show you more when the items have been delivered!
I used Jaeger Baby Merino 4ply for this jacket and a 3mm circular needle. I had one ball of each colour and just wanted to make another of these special jackets. It’s very bold for a newborn size and I almost ran out of the pink before I knew it! It’s knitted up into a lovely bouncy fabric, just need a baby girl to go in it now! I think this looks a bit slimmer than other BSJ’s that I’ve seen but I like it… I used a crochet cast on for the sleeves of this jacket because I feel that the sleeves always look a bit too short. Not knowing how this yarn would knit up and how much extra length in the sleeves to knit, that would look right to me, I thought the crochet cast on would be a better option than knitting the extra length on the sleeves first and then incorporating them into the whole jacket.It worked out really well, I just picked up the stitches, did a decrease row and then knitted a cuff, this gave me the balance that my eye wanted. I got the inspiration for the picot edging from ‘A very Lilly BSJ ‘ I joined the seams using a 2 stitch icord cast off :^)