I lived in Jersey from 1984 to 1987 and I am quite excited to be back as I am meeting up with some friends whom I haven’t seen for 21 years.
We were given a room that was a bit pokey and the air conditioning wasn’t working so we were both getting a hot in there. They couldn’t fix the AC so they moved us to this bigger better room…everything happens for a reason.
I have been tagged by Jayne Kerrie and someone else but I can’t remember who right now, sorry….I don’t really enjoy doing these taggy things but I have the time right now and the questions were sort of fun…
The Rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, leaving a comment on their blogs, asking them to read their blog, and telling them they’ve been tagged. Let the person who tagged you know that you’ve answered.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was looking after my three youngest children. Edward was 18 and at college, Laurie was 14 and still at school, not enjoying it at all…..Maisie was 2!
I was a Zahra Sugaring Practioner, working from home. The study was my torture chamber. Going to Aquababes with Maisie and attending a weekly mother and toddler group (I loved all that stuff)
I had been married for 23 years.
Ali was still at University I think.
I was sewing more than knitting at that time.
My girlfriends kept me sane.
I was attending Weight Watchers having lost 2 stone the previous year. I have since put it all back on!
2.What are 5 things on my to do list today (not in any particular order)?
- Paint my toe nails and give my hands a manicure
- Walk into St Helier, meet Barry for lunch and take photos of my old haunts
- Do some knitting
- Buy some Italian beer and maybe a desert for this evening
- Meet up with some girlfriends that I haven’t seen for 21 years!This is Voisins restaurant, I met Barry here for lunch just now, I used to bring either Ali or Edward here on a Saturday morning over 20 years ago. It wasn’t so posh then, but the cakes were always lovely, especially the meringues eh Ali? I have to say though, that my cream cheese and smoked salmon bagel was as dry as a bone :^(
4. Things I would do if I was a billionaire
Make sure all our children had a nice home and no debt
Buy a beautiful house somewhere, hire a personal trainer
Get a pink Mini Cooper!
5. Places I have lived
Jersey Channel Islands
but really, I do know how annoying these things can be so don’t worry if you don’t want to do this!