…..to make a crazy batt!
I had dyed up lots of different fibres for this purpose, in fact I have got about 1kg of fibre all ready to make into batts.
Blue Faced Leicester, silk, seacell, mohair and kid mohair curls and silk noil, all dyed by me. I also added a good smattering of glitter to the mix.
I weighed out the bits and bobs into a big mixing bowl, this batt weighs 50g. It was a lovely feeling pulling apart the fibre to mix it a little, a bit like cooking lol
This colourful mix was put through my drum carder as it came out of the bowl, slowly slowly turning the handle….
I pulled off sections across the batt, carefully , I managed to get 5 equal (ish) rolags
I pre dreafted the rolags and then started to spin some lumpy bumpy thick and thin singles. I love it! The only thing I am not so happy with is the silk noil, I will really split it up in the next batt as it seems to clump up together too much and I feel it will fall out of the yarn once i knit with it. We shall see…
So, I might be adding some of these crazy batts to my shop, just for fun! Not for those of you that want to spin a smooth yarn I have to say ;^)