I have had such a good time with my newest acquisition. It is the delightful book by Caro London called “And Sew to Bed”
I saw a beautiful dressing gown sewn by someone in a sewing forum on Ravelry. I investigated the book and was hooked, I ‘needed’ this book!
A few days later it arrived and I knew I wanted to sew myself a new nighty and a dressing gown. I kept looking at fabric and new it was going to cost a fair bit in fabric for the two articles. I then remembered that I had a dress length of a beautiful cotton fabric which had been in my stash for a while. it never quite felt right for it to be made into a dress for me especially as I had already made a dress out of the same fabric a couple of year’s ago.
This lovely dress turned out too big for me so I sold it for the price of the fabric and promptly bought some more, which sat in my stash until yesterday
Yesterday was spent tracing off the pattern whilst the chosen fabric dried in the sunshine, I found 2 other prints which coordinated well
It soon dried so I was then able to cut out the pattern pieces
So today was spent sewing the gorgeous nightdress
Instead of gathering the frills in the normal way as instructed in the book, I used my ruffler attachment which made light work of the task
The most difficult bit for me was sewing down the bias binding after tucking the raw edge under the seam, enclosing the ruffle edges, it would probably have been quicker to tack it down before sewing, but I thought pins would do…more haste less speed!
I removed the slider and ring off an old bra so I could use them on the straps, it worked well, makes me wish I hadn’t thrown out a load of bras before cutting off the findings a while back
I am really happy with how it has turned out and am looking forward to wearing it
A lovely pattern, I hope the Kimono Robe pleases me as much as this does